Thursday, January 7, 2010

saggin pants whats the age limit?

Last night I was updating my face book status and I read a post that dj red alert wrote pertaining to sagging pants and older men. I found it quite funny because a few guys and I were talking about that earlier that day. Let me say for the record, my friends who I was conversing with were not born in America; therefore, they have a hard time mentally trying to figure out why so many grown men wear their pants in that manner. They just don't get it. I tell them it's the style for some. I also tell them that it was something picked up from the penal system and they also acknowledge that fact. But it still doesn't calculate to them. Stapleton lives in Europe and Inran lives in Jordan now, and they sarcastically begin to explain to me one of the reasons why the saggin trend is starting to spread into their countries and around the rest of the world. One conclusion they were in agreement with is the music and the television. Then he asked me, do I ever wonder how African American black men are looked at collectively on the world stage? Or does that matter? Then they start laughing again and now I have that stupid look on my face. Inran then says what type of message are they sending? They are showing their underwear in some cases and in others showing there butt crack. Do they get mad when gay men look at them? And if so why? Or is it a subliminal thing? To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Salaam I just finished reading your piece, on sagging pants. I find it interesting here in Kuwait the younger generation have adapted to the skinny jeans. I personally dislike both styles. I hope in the future our people learn like we did in the 70's & 80's and become innovators.

    Mash al khair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your blog regarding sagging pants and I am disgusted that Nubian men would take such a negative stance in this day and time. Let's be honest Nubian men are looked at as the drugdge of society, and why because you have what they want. Nubian men need to stop being so foolish and start thinking period. You are hated because you were once worshipped, adored, and appreciated. Now, if you don't appreciate yourself and take pride in yourself no one else will. Lift up your heads, learn to speak properly, and pull up your pants!!!

    -Concerned
    England

    ReplyDelete