Friday, December 17, 2010

THE MAN THAT WALKED THE DOG

Twenty years ago I could never imagine that I would be writing a book about DMX; but in 2011 I have been given the opportunity to write a piece of history that was conceived in the mean streets of Yonkers, and a history that I actually witnessed with my own eyes. I saw a guy who had nothing but a talent and a relentless fire to get his music heard. He went from stick up kid to one of the best rappers to ever do it despite his personal demons. As I was developing the story I kept thinking about how I was going to approach it and what angle to come from. However, one thing I realized early in the project was that no matter what I wrote about X that I was going to fall under the microscope of heavy scrutiny. Therefore, I came to the conclusion to hit it from a 360* approach, which is fair and balanced 180 positive/180 negative. With that in mind the reader can draw their own conclusions.

Why did I choose that approach? Because ever since DMXs' first record he has been honest about his life. His drug addiction, criminal activity and his trials and tribulations; and that's what the world fell in love with his honesty. He put it out there and said take it or leave it, love it or hate it. From the beginning he was honest and didn't sugar coat anything. He told the world that he was dirty so with all that info being public knowledge how am I expected to write a book about him depicted as a angel? That's not real! However, I'm not going to throw him under the bus either. AS a Yonkers native and a hip hop pioneer of the town DMXs' success in the music industry always meant something special to me. He took what we had germinating in the Yonkers mountains for decades and took it to the 4 corners of the earth. He opened up a door that will never be closed again. With that point in mind "the man that walked the dog" is going to fill in a lot of blanks and give answers to a lot of questions that DMX fans may have about different stages in his life.

Why were you chosen to write the book? First, I would like to say that I wrote the book for "The Most Hated" d.j. Superior (refer to Yonkers the lost city of hip hop pg-112) at a book signing that he attended that Trev Hollywood gave me. He told me that he wanted me to tell the story because of my deep roots to the culture and the respect that he had for me.

What's so special about "The Most Hated"? I will give it to you like this if something was to happen to DMX The Most Hated can supply the world with DMX material and music for the next 20 years or so. People would think that DMX faked his death that's how much material he has. The Most Hated was DMXs' trainer he walked the dog. They recorded over 300 songs before his first record ever came out. And I must bring to your attention that when you see any old school footage on DMX I will use VH1 for example, all that material was supplied by the Most Hated DJ Superior. Now, in 2011 The Most Hated is speaking out and wants the world to know how it really went down. STAY TUNED!

1 comment: